Monday, August 20, 2007

PROcrastinator

I'm a pro at this. I'm supposed to be writing a paper from the NYC inner-city experience in July. It's due tomorrow. I have 6 of the 7-10 pages. I've had five for a month.....it's just these last couple that I can't seem to get done. Tying it all together, referencing books and schools.....who am I kidding? This is what I DO! I'm the student that powered through 7 page papers in 2 hours the night before it was due.....maybe that's what I need. Some crunching time....the last final moments and I'll be able to fire it out. That's silly though, and with the days dwindling down quickly and "appointments" filling up for coffee and lunches before I leave.....the last thing I want to be doing is sitting home alone writing a paper.

Just so you know, I'm getting better. I haven't cried in a couple of days and I'm starting to get really excited about the move. The hugs are the worst part- after I'm on the road, I'll be fine. What waits for me in Milwaukee makes me very excited- students, a comfortable place to live, family, friends from my trip to NYC, football season, fall, crock pots of chili......my favorite time of year, knitting, crocheting, grading papers, weekly seminars on teaching, friends that I'll learn to love, more blogging, lots of time alone- learning to cling to my source of life, quiet times in a new place, discovery of new coffee shops, new grocery stores, new roads to get lost on, martha and ryan and a new baby, road trips to nebraska, visits from friends from nebraska, the holidays......lots and lots of great things.

I'll be just fine. :)

p.s. this is post #101.......wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment