Wednesday, August 29, 2007

he will quiet you with his love

"The LORD God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness;
He will quiet you with his love;
He will exult over you with loud singing."
Zeph 3:17

Here are some BEAUTIFUL flowers that Nate had delivered. Made my whole week....he knows just what I need......





I never knew I could lay my burdens down and I never knew redemption could be found...but I know now.

It's been a good beginning of the week. I've been attending teacher meetings which are long and not very exciting. My students don't come until Tuesday. We'll have 31 in our 5th grade class- 16 boys, 15 girls. That's a large class.....it'll be interesting. You should see how our desks are crammed in the classroom.....I'd take a picture for you, but that would mean taking my laptop to school (i don't have a regular camera) and I've heard that we have a "thief" in our classroom....he's been stealing for years...so I won't bring anything valuable to school. :)

I'm finding myself in prayer much of the day- (while driving, I've decided not to talk on the phone...good idea considering the increase in traffic here in the big city compared to L-town.....) I'm understanding and continuing to grasp the fact that the one comfort I can always take along is my God....and I'm finding GREAT comfort in that. There's so much to be learned...I only hope that I continue to seek HIM in those quiet lonely times...and that I don't jump on the phone or reach out to work or other things to fill my time and keep me busy. I'm already finding myself staying extremely busy because if I let myself slow down, I have time to think about home and how much I miss my life there. This season is so short, I want to live here, in the moment...(within reason) and enjoy my experience. Please be prayerful of this.

I'm very tired. Know that if you call after 10pm, the likelihood of me being awake are slim to none. I'm forcing myself to stay up until 10 every night, but then I crash like a bag of sand. No joke. My sheets aren't even messed up when I wake in the morning. Waking up at 5:30am is going to get easier, but it's been a rude awakening, to say the least. This early hour is necessary, however, because of the freeway and traffic.....and I like to be to school around 7am.

I miss many of you terribly. Megan, I miss PT, Feik....I can't bring myself to do yoga without you, but know I'm using your mug daily AND nightly. Love it. Nate, you know how I feel.....and I miss you like crazy. All these other people.....I promise to send letters back if you write to me.....I don't have many of your addresses.... I've already sent out 5 letters since I've come here 4 days ago. Get writing!

Love from the cheese state,
Heather Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment