Friday, August 10, 2007

"I just want to dance my way through life"

Tonight my great friend and roommate, Megan, said something I'll never forget....

"I have this false hope that one day life is going to break out into a musical..."

Honestly. I couldn't stop laughing.....she went to the movie Hairspray tonight....and immediately afterwords rushed out to buy the soundtrack. Ridiculous. She's a riot.

I have the weekend off. In fact, I don't think I work another weekend at Barnes and Noble. WOO-HOO!!!! I'm done in a week and a half- goodbye working weekends!!! Teachers have the weekends off too...... :)

I had coffee with carissa this morning....what a joy for my heart! she's inspired me to bust out my markers again.....we used to write and draw together all the time. when we were roommates, we chased storms all summer, started our first book together, wrote surprise encouragements in each others journals.....and inspired creativity in each other that i haven't found anywhere else. i miss her! i've got some good pics to add to this post- but that'll have to happen at a later time because i don't feel like uploading them now.

i'm feeling very blessed already this weekend and it's just started. tomorrow i'm meeting megan and renae for coffee and the farmer's market, and then going to my brothers in the early afternoon- followed by a trip to omaha to hang out with my best girl, rissa and go to a white t's concert.....then i get to sing in church sunday morning with crystal and the boy band. my heart will probably explode with happiness by the end of it all......also, tonight i played the Djembe drum while gina, megan and i sang and played worship music. very nice.

I have a good friend, Carey, who has asked me what they can be praying for as I begin to make my transition. And i suppose that'd be a good thing to include at any point in life, as we should always be remembering each other. For now, I would love prayer for my heart as I begin to say goodbye or "see you later" to many people I love. For now, it's only temporary, but in the back of my mind, I am keeping the option of staying there open. I don't want to plan on going and coming back right away because then I'm not open to God's change of plan, which inevitably happens..... :) He's got a good way of surprising us......in any case, I would appreciate prayer for my last weeks here. That I would have time to spend with people I love, that I would be able to focus on relationships while I'm here and really live "in this moment"...and make sure I'm saving time to spend in quiet....

I've got to get to sleep.....or watch another episode of Grey's from season one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment