Thursday, August 16, 2007

i'm watching as i swim into the sea

I'd like to say that I'm progressing well with the transition of moving.
I'd like to understand that this is only for a time.
I'd like to know that driving away will be easy; that last hugs and final farewells are only temporary and that I'll be back after a series of months.
I'd like to agree with people when they remind me that it's not that long; that time will go quickly; that I'll be so busy I won't even have time to miss home.
I'd like to take everyone with me.
I'd like to understand that leaving is this difficult only because God's blessed me with an ability to connect; with a heart that longs for deeper relationships, and an amazing community here in Lincoln.
I'd like to be comfortable with the fact that this will only happen again with new friends that are waiting for me in Milwaukee.
I'd like to be able to hug my grandfather without falling completely into his firm and understanding embrace; we have a connection like no one else; I am confident that we function with the same heart.
I'd like to run with this season; understanding the trust required and the hope that is necessary for survival.

I love to remember God whispering to me, "Heather, it's OK. I'm going with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment