Monday, April 30, 2007

at the request of a fine man

It's windy. Very. I'm going to have to close my windows soon before my room gets destroyed.

I went to the park today. I took a denim quilt that my grandmother made for me, you know, those really heavy ones....the great ones stitched with love and knotted with yarn at intersecting seams. I spread out my homework on all the corners so the wind wouldn't take it away- and I studied and "bathed" in the sun, which I think is an odd term. If we can sun-bathe, then why don't we shade-bathe, or cloud-bathe...very strange.

I'm completing the final drafts of my two short stories from this semester. I have two tests tomorrow, and then I'm finished with my undergrad studying. ....still have to student teach, but I don't feel like that's the same as being a student.

Speaking of student teaching, I received my assignments for next fall. I'll be splitting my semester between two schools. 2nd grade at one, and 5th at another. I'm excited. But now that it's official and really happening- I'm scared to move. I'm scared to leave people here. I'm scared to be alone. But in that, I know I'll grow a ton...and learn a lot about myself, which will be great.

I'm off to write. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment