Monday, April 23, 2007

and i'm off my feet

I'm posting now mostly for the sake of my dear roommate, Melissa. She is absolutely terrified of masked "creatures"- and if she visits my page and sees "Peter Rabbit" right away, it may frighten her. So, for you, Melissa, I am posting double in one sitting- so that you don't have to stare at a scary bunny suit with your roommate buried inside.

I'm at the coho right now with my dear Nathan- he's been so good about letting me work on my "homework"- which was revisions of my stories for my writing of fiction class. However, I seem to be experiencing some kind of "writer's block"- which is a big fat lie and an excuse for writers- you can always write something. It may not be anything worth while, but it'll get you going again. So.....I'm writing. I'm blogging. I'm not revising.

This weekend we went back to Nate's childhood home- there was a wedding shower for his cousin, Matt- and I met nearly the entire family on his dad's side. It was a riot! It's so much fun to meet someones family and to see where they come from, where they grew up, places they worked such as the "daisy queen".... :) There's so much history there and I love being able to imagine stories in my mind- to understand that "tree house" or the "secret door" in the old bedroom .....things like that. They're important to people you care about.....and that makes these things so vital to who you are and where you're going together. I love that.

Martha and Ryan move in a week and a half- I'm very excited for them- but scared to loose a little piece of my heart when they drive away. It's like they're taking it with them- and there's a string attached that will be pulling and tugging at me until I see them again. And that hurts- just a little ache that constantly reminds you that they're not there anymore.

And soon after that, I'll be driving my own self away from this home I've known for so long. I'm starting to feel more and more anxious as the months disappear and I find myself closer to July. And at that time, I'll have many strings tugging at my heart as I leave- and with that will come a huge heart ache that I don't wish to think of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment