Sunday, April 1, 2007

I never love nobody fully

Here is a poem I ran across in an old journal-

to the one who is my very heart:
i'm trapped between wants
and walls that confine me
slowly creeping inward
trapped in a swarm of goodness
accepting and loathing
succumb to my own love
my own hate.
my own fear and longing for that which is
evil.
justice for breaking walls.

and i imagine my world without walls
but unconditional love
freely shown with kisses, naps, embracing
guard-less, free...simply love
without walls.

Today has been really great- the weather, company, productivity...everything about it. I've gotten a lot done- which is exceptionally great. This weekend I've spend a ridiculous amount of time doing......nothing. I honestly don't know where the time went. But today, today was great.

And last night was awesome- Ryan, Marth and I tucked ourselves into my bedroom, away from the rest of the company- ryan read his book and marth and i created some great stories and pictures- soon to be sent to some friends very far away in KY...(wink, wink). Be watching for a special, relatively thick envelope, my dear friends. You'll have a great laugh....and you can pretend that we're there, laughing right along side of you.

I'm off to write....something for which I do not make enough time and something that makes my heart so incredibly glad....I can't even describe it. I hope you are all well. Here is a great promise:

I will give you rest...
come and learn from me
I am humble in spirit, and so you should also be
I will be with you in the midst of every test
come to me and i will give you rest.
(from Matt 11:28)

Much love,
Heather Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment