Friday, April 20, 2007

what a difference a day makes

I've recently fallen in love with short stories, thanks to my fiction writing teacher. He gave me a book the other day, a (very large) compilation of short stories....I feel like i've been given an unlimited lifetime supply of ....something fabulous- (i'm drawing a blank for an example). I could read and read and read.......last night I read "How to Become a Writer" by Lorrie Moore. She's funny. She's really funny- I read another one of her pieces called "You're Ugly, Too", out loud to my friend, Meg, in Scooters one afternoon. We were laughing hysterically! Much to the annoyance, I'm sure, of those sitting around us. I'm sure that reading out loud to someone who also appreciates this kind of art helped in the humor of the situation....thanks Meg for being such a great friend and outlet for me. :o)

What is it about those types of people- the ones that feel healthy to be around... the friends that are so good for your heart and spirit, that we feel moral obligations to ourselves to spend time with them. I love those people. And hopefully, both friends are equally benefited by the relationship... :) If not, either something needs to be reevaluated, or one sticks with it out of encouragement for the other- which is pretty awesome, and hard to come by.*

Once again, I'm leaving you for my homework. This will be the last week and a half- I promise! :) Things are winding down and I'm feeling great about the amount of work I have left to do. The end is in sight!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment