Thursday, October 25, 2007

Someone to watch over me....

Renae came to visit!! We went to a great coffee shop here by the Lake, Altera. Here we are, loving our time together. It was a rainy fall night, and when we came out into the parking lot after an evening of coffee and laughter, I noticed that the EVIL SWAMP MONSTER TROLL had been trudging through the parking lot! I knew this because of the huge foot-print that I found. Here, you can see how huge he is....lurking around the city just waiting to destroy.

In other news, today I've got the day off! We have teacher conventions today and tomorrow- I went this morning and picked up some great new FREE pens, notepads, teacher bags, etc..... all those things you don't really need, but are fun to have anyway. I'll use them in my classroom someday... :)

Speaking of which, I need a job! I graduate Dec. 22, so if you are a teacher in Lincoln, or if you know someone who is, KEEP ME IN MIND!! Because I'm so far away now, it's hard to get ahold of people to visit about schools and possible openings. The odds of getting a position mid-year like that are probably pretty slim, but teachers get pregnant, retire, move, etc.....so I'm praying that something will open up. I get so excited about having my own classroom someday... and I know it'll happen, I'm just not sure how soon.

I came back to Caribou today- Nate and I came here on Sunday morning before he flew back home. I found out that refills on coffee are free here- as long as I stay! I could sit here all day drinking their coffee, blogging, journaling, building my portfolio and correcting papers...and I might just do that! I think Owen and Liam are coming tonight while their parents go bowling- so I'll have to get home for that eventually. But for now, it's me, my coffee, and an afternoon full of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment