Sunday, October 7, 2007

a day with the boys

Owen and Liam stayed here for the weekend.....we had a LOT of fun....but I am VERY tired....Ruth and I took the boys to the zoo Saturday morning. I had to take a photo of my very favorite animal......as many of you know, I am an elephant girl....don't know what it is about them. I even had a dream last night that I found a baby elephant, the size of a small puppy, and kept it in a shoebox. She was so cute- and was almost crushed by a dog, but I rescued her and took her home to my room with Renae.....I'd never been there before, but she had decorated it beautifully. :) Funny thing is, Megan is my roommate when I move home.....
Liam and I were able to feed the giraffes. Ruth bought us tickets for a ridiculous price so that we could feed them crackers and leaves. They are only fed twice a day, so this was a very special privilege. She has the photos on her camera- I'll have to get them from her.
Here we are waiting to feed the giraffes. Liam is 5 and in Kindergarten this year- a very sweet boy. We are becoming very fond of each other as we are able to spend more time playing swords and catch. He continues to let me know that I'm "not very good" at playing football. :) It's good that children are so honest- they keep us humble. :)
Here is Owen at the zoo exploring dead leaves.
When we got home, Ruth (grandma) had to go to work, so I made lunch for the boys and took them to the park. We played on the swings....
...rolled in the grass for a bit- which was VERY itchy, we noticed, after the fact....And went back home for some more time outside in the yard. Liam had a stomp rocket that was fun for about 2 minutes....after that, we played catch with the football.....and that's when he let me know how bad I was at it. :) My favorite part is when they're tuckered out and cuddly. Here I was, exhausted from the day- not even showered yet, and happy as a clam because I had a snuggly, sleepy baby in my arms. We had a wonderful weekend. I've had time today to correct papers and prepare lesson plans. I've also started Christmas presents, which makes me very excited. I love the holidays.... they mean time with family, comfy sweaters and blankets, hot tea, coffee, cider, fireplaces, changing colors, cold nights, blowing winds........and curling up to a great book inside.....everything warm and cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment