Wednesday, July 25, 2007

teeth marks in T.P.

I'm home! I came back to stay at my parents' house yesterday afternoon- and it's been a great, relaxing day and a half. Mom and I went shopping today, took coffee to her best friend at work, got a haircut (mom) and eyebrow wax (me), and visited grandma and grandpa at "the office", which is their very specific booth at the Target cafe in the mall. They go every morning to sit and have coffee and watch people walk around the mall. Sitting there with them for an hour today, I was introduced to about 5 new people whom I had neither seen nor met in my life. Norfolk isn't that big. I'm starting to realize just how many friends they have and how much love encompasses that single booth in Target. What a blessing!

My cousin and his wife also rolled into town from the Milwaukee area late this afternoon. They just adopted a second son from Korea. It was so fun to meet him and see their other son, Liam, who is 4 now. We went for a walk, watched "Hercules", played cars, etc......all in all, it was a pretty eventful night. I even mouth-trumpeted the Nebraska fight song for Liam to sing along to, as he is an avid Husker fan. (We teach them young in our family). It'll be fun to be closer to them this fall.

On a more humorous note, I was in the bathroom today and realized, unfortunately too late, that someone had used the last of the toilet paper on the roll (except for about 4 squares, which isn't very helpful). So, as all of you can imagine from personal experience, I was sitting there yelling for my mom, who was a couple of rooms away. "Mom! I'm out of toilet paper!!" I cracked the door open a bit so she could reach her arm in with my rescue roll- just like she used to do when I was young. So, I'm sitting there waiting and the door pushes open, and in comes my parents' golden retriever, Maddie, with a fresh roll in her mouth. Mom sent her instead. Funny. I know, right? Smart dog. I've included a picture here only because, if you look closely, you can see teeth marks from her bringing it in. Pretty cute.
Needless to say, she saved the day. Who can argue against man's best friend? Now THIS is a good reason to get a dog.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment