Sunday, July 29, 2007

I've changed my mind.

Today I don't want to move. I've changed my mind. I don't want to be so far away....I don't want to have to video conferences, I don't want to have to use phone calls. I want to be able to hug and hold and scratch backs and sit with friends in the same room and cuddle up to movies with everyone smashed on the same couch. I want someone to be there in five minutes- saying goodnight in a driveway or front yard instead of a sweaty phone and aching neck.

Today I choke back tears and remind myself to breathe. I struggle to swallow; to blink away tears before anyone sees them. This is part of the journey. This is exciting. This will help me grow; take me to people and places I've never seen; to my new friends and favorite coffee shops. Then it'll be time to move back and I won't want to leave those friends and those places.

Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment