Monday, July 9, 2007

A Day of Rest

Yesterday Renae and I "studied" and "read" here at my quiet house......and on our study breaks, we baked bread and coffee cake. yummo!

As some of you know, once in a while I like to pretend that I'm on a cooking show when I'm in the kitchen. I'll talk to the "camera" and explain what I'm doing. Well, yesterday I was "going to set the yeast aside"....and then finished creating my beautiful ball of dough. I was forming it into smaller loaves when I moved something aside and found the bowl of festering yeast.....!!! Typical. So, I had to pour liquified yeast over an entirely formed loaf of bread and work it back in. It was crazy- very messy....but it did turn out just fine. I fact, I should probably put a picture on here later when I get back from work......

No comments:

Post a Comment