Wednesday, July 4, 2007

left it on the mountain top

"The things of the earth will grow strangely dim as we trust in God's glory and grace"

We came back last night from the most amazing camping trip of my life. Chris, Mike, Nate, Renae and I loaded up Friday afternoon and headed for Colorado. Our first night was spent in a Denver at the Hyatt downtown....we didn't feel like setting up camp in the wilderness at 2 AM..... so we opted for luxury the first day.

To be honest, our wilderness campsite was much more "luxurious" than any Hyatt will ever be. To be in and among God's raw creation- SURROUNDED by mountains, rushing rivers and streams, wildflowers, wild animals, snow, trees, trees, trees, boulders, etc......simply amazing. My good man, Nate, took plenty of pictures. I'll be posting later this week when I get ahold of some of them. I can't even explain to you how refreshing and inspiring it was to be out there. The five of us had plenty of times in the stillness of God's creation, alone on a mountaintop, to read, pray, and reflect on the strength and goodness of our God. I'm excited to share more with you. Hope everyone is well! I am!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment