Wednesday, July 18, 2007

NEW YORK CITY!!!!

Hello, my friends, from the Big Apple!!! Just wanted to let you all know I'm safe and sound- although, booming with stories for everyone. I'm watching the news where they're talking about an explosion on the east side of Manhattan....a block south of the Chrysler building. good thing I'm here in my hotel room. :)

Martha came to visit me in Milwaukee- unfortunately, I don't have any horizontal pictures of her and it's taking a long time to flip them tonight- so I'll put one up later.....it was so great to see her. I got a little hair trim too....which was much needed!

This is my aunt Ruth and I the night before I left for NYC. She made me a great drink out of limes, sugar and liquor. I'm not sure what she put in them, but they went VERY well with our fondue. :)Here's a photo of me in Little Italy- the fire hydrant was calling my name....so we thought I'd better get a photo with it.These are two of my new friends, Emily (left) and Stefanie (right). They're a lot of fun- we've been all over the city together.....having a wonderful time! I'll put up more pictures when I get them on my computer.
Stefanie and Emily figuring out our next stop in the subway...Ray and I on a bus in Harlem....Times Square...
Yesterday was very eventful. We (5 of us girls) were nearly mugged in the Brooklyn subway, threatened to be arrested, and witnessed a child crossing the street and being hit by a car in times square. It's been surreal.....

More pictures and stories to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment