Monday, July 21, 2008

wouldn't it be nice....

There's so much going on now- with wedding plans, summer events, conflicting work schedules......it's been a crazy, crazy summer.

For those of you who are waiting to hear, have an interview on Thursday. !!!!! I'm so excited, but trying not to let my mind go racing into a classroom just yet. I have 2 "new teacher" books on Amazon- ready to be ordered, but I'm making myself wait until I have the interview and have a better feel for what this fall will hold.

The interview is at a school I really like- probably my favorite in Lincoln. The job is for either Kindergarten or 1st grade- levels that are much lower than I had anticipated myself teaching, but I know that I need to get my foot in the door. I've had some really encouraging feedback from other teachers at the school, and other people who know the principal well. They've given me hope, but again, I don't want to get my teaching supplies loaded up in the car until I have the go-ahead. If you're the praying kind, please remember me this week- as I go into the interview- that I would be prepared and confident, and just what they're looking for.

I'm quickly becoming overwhelmed with the tornado of events that are beginning to pick up speed. I know that this fall is going to be BUSY- and I'm already beginning to feel a bit batty. Today, anyway. Maybe tomorrow will look different.

We're having trouble finding a matching wedding band for my engagement ring. Nate had it custom made to be exactly what he wanted- and I LOVE it......so my stubbornness to keep my original band is proving to make the wedding band search more difficult. I've told these things to probably 15 jewelers in Lincoln: "Euro-shank, white gold, cathedral, channel, princess cut.... yap, yap, yap..." I wish someone would just have the right price, right shape, right weight, right setting....with a big giant flag waving, "HEATHER'S RING".

Wouldn't that be nice?

1 comment:

  1. Will be praying for you this week as you prepare for your interview! Just be yourself..Be confident, patient, and trust that things will work out! Love ya girl-
    Mrs. Brown

    ReplyDelete