Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Come again?!

My mom requested a recipe from ME!!! It's actually from Martha, but I made it for my parents the last time they came to stay with me. It's a great breakfast casserole.... and since she requested it, I thought I'd share it with the rest of you as well. Have at it!

Baked Egg Casserole

16 oz. shredded hash browns (simply potatoes)- not frozen
9-10 eggs
salt & pepper
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 pint whipping cream or 1/2 & 1/2
1/4 c. chopped onion
1/4 c. green pepper
1 lb. sausage, bacon, or ham- cooked


Heat oven to 350.
Spray 9 x 13 in. pan
Line pan with hash browns
Crack eggs on top of hash browns and break yolks- do not scramble.
Season with salt & pepper
add 1/2 cheese
pour cream over layers
Sprinkle onion, green pepper, meat and remaining cheese
Bake 40 minutes or until firm. Will get firmer as it sits.

*Can make the night before and refrigerate. Add about 10 minutes cook time if refrigerated.

3 comments:

  1. God bless you this week as you prep for interview. You are in my prayers. He knows what is ahead for you. God keep you.
    W (M's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gosh, the whipping cream was the coup de gras! Can you please make this for me and scrawl "welcome home" across the top of it in ketchup?

    ReplyDelete