Friday, April 11, 2008

Lookey what I made.....

I took the day off from teaching and have enjoyed myself immensely. It's cold out. Generally on my days off, I turn my kitchen into a whirlwind of flour- baking bread- mostly, but sometimes coffee cakes, muffins, cookies, etc. Today, however, I turned my attention to the sewing machine- once again. This time, I had all the parts I needed.....the power cord delivered yesterday and material washed, dried, ironed and ready.

This is my first project from my new sewing book. I thought that I would benefit from an apron, and I had some great material left over from a quilt I made for Nate.....and a few extra scraps from here and there. Here's the finished product. Note that you never see my face- there is a reason for this. I just jumped out of the shower before I took these and have my hair up in a towel (still).....and the rest of my head isn't done yet.
Well here- see for yourself. :)
Anyway, the apron turned out pretty good- there are things I will do differently next time. But it'll be fun to play with different materials and pockets.....I'll keep you updated.

Until next time......

5 comments:

  1. You are beautiful! Even with your hair up in a towel. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    It's been a while! I'm glad to see you are doing well...Let's try to get together soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nate's comment makes me gag...I can only take so much perfection from one man (note: said with much sarcasm and little truth).

    The apron is FABULOUS! Great job Birdy! I'd be honored to have an apron from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. do they come in little boy sizes? i think they'll make great chefs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute apron! :) glad i found your blog via many others (brook, lori, etc).. looking forward to reading and keeping up! :)

    -j

    ReplyDelete