Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Writing with the birds

My fiction writing teacher challenged us to wake up an hour earlier today to write. I did. I was not very productive. It could be because the exercise I was working on is a short story that I don't particularly like. Or, it could be because I wasn't awake yet...or a million other things. He says he likes to write early in the morning because his voice of reason doesn't wake up for at least another hour after him, and that way he has time to write ridiculous things without questioning them. I'd like to think I write without reservation all of the time.....but I could be wrong.

Maybe what I need is coffee.

I have an entire day of homework and projects. However, I have only one class to attend, so I'll have lots of time to be productive. I'm off for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment