Saturday, January 20, 2007

Baby, it's cold outside.

It's beautiful outside- a light fluffy snow has been falling for hours and glistening off the ground with yellow light from streetlamps. It's been a good day. Friends, coffee, writing, blankets. I attended a piano recital tonight for a senior student and it was phenomenal. I really ejoyed myself.

I've come to the sad realization that my life is moving into a new season. Sad, but very exciting at the same time. As more and more friends move to different states, I understand more now than I have ever before that life will never stay as it is. Circles of friends change with every passing season. People come into our lives so quickly and just as soon seem to leave again. We continue to develop the relationships that are most important to us and somehow let the others slip by without so much as a glance. I'm ok with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment