Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de Mayo!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!! 3 years ago today, my wonderful husband proposed to me over a picnic supper at Holmes Lake. Tonight we're making fish tacos (my first ever!) to celebrate the holiday. It's been a FUN 3 years and we've been VERY blessed!

Life is in full swing and we're finding ourselves really, really busy. Truth is, when I get a free moment of time from being mom to this beautiful little lady, my top three choices are (in no particular order):
1. shower
2. nap
3. sew

4. laundry/dust/vacuum/etc

Notice that #4 doesn't get considered often, which is why I listed my top THREE. Also note that cooking isn't in there at all! Neither is blogging. What is happening?!

I'm nutty over sewing....I have recently discovered the art of searching "tutorials" and am finding blog after blog of ideas I want to try! It's blissful. What would make it more so is if my sweet little Lucy would start taking naps for a decent amount of time. This girl. She loves to sleep, as long as she's being held and snuggled. The pediatrician told me you can't spoil them by holding a newborn too much. Hmmmm....not sure about that. She's been getting better....but it's really hard to get anything done. I have my wonderful mother-in-law to thank for her weekly visits to hold Lucy so I can get some things done. Aunt Emily "sacrifices" her lunch hours too some days to come help. It's pretty great. :)

Oliver & Lucy Designs is going really well. I'm keeping very busy- so much that I don't have much time to "play" with new projects. I keep telling myself that once I'm caught up, I can play around with new things. So far....I'm not caught up. But what a blessing to have so many orders that I am always behind. It's a very good thing.

Tonight my girl, Martha, and her man are coming from Michigan. They're leaving the kids at home and staying for the weekend at our house! His brother is graduating this weekend so they're going to be very busy with family things. But I'm so excited that we'll see them at least in the mornings and at night. Better than not at all!

Also, farmers market starts THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At the end of the season last year Nate and I said "next time we come to the farmer's market, we'll have a baby with us!" and....she's here! We're ready with our MOBY or the Baby Bjorn (whichever is easier) and our reusable BAGGU Bags. I've got cash, and we'll make coffee. It. Will. Be. Divine.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!

    I'm glad to read you have a moby...I was just going to suggest a baby carrier, it's the only way I can get things done around the house!

    ReplyDelete