Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Happy Mother's Day

THIS is why I’m celebrating: my sweet little lady. (Don’t worry, the specks are fake).

Today has been wonderful. This weekend has been wonderful. Here's a quick recap:

Thursday night LATE- Martha & Ryan arrived at the end of a long drive from Michigan.

Friday, Nate and I took the family (Charlie and Lucy) over to my brother's house to grill with him, Sarah, and my parents. Nate noticed that the school I worked at was having a carnival of sorts so the two of us walked over. We ran into quite a few of my students which made me realize just how much I miss seeing them every day. The hugs were such a treat- I can't wait for my visit to the classroom in a week or two.

We walked back to James' house and ate supper and sat outside in lawn chairs visiting while the dogs either a) laid nicely in the cool grass or b) weaved around the grill, legs of people, lawn chairs and tables, tangling the leash so whomever was holding the other end was forced to get up every few minutes to de-tangle. You can guess which choice Charlie made.

Saturday morning we woke after LUCY SLEPT THE WHOLE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The. Whole. Night.

I was in shock. I did get up at 4AM to see if she was still breathing and then she didn't wake up until 6:30. I didn't even care that it was 6:30 on a Saturday morning, I was so happy she'd slept for so long! We had time to shower and get ready before the first farmer's market of the season, where we met up with my parents and James. It was so good to be back down there- Lucy rode in the Baby Bjorn like a champ and we finished off the morning with coffee at Scoots. Yum.

Mom and I went for our first annual Mother's Day pedicures- very fun. We should have gotten a picture. I just thought of that now. Rats. They turned out really cute. We came back to the house for some much-needed Lucy-Grandma snuggles, sewing, and time on the deck. Spring.....is finally here- and how very sweet it is.

Mom and Dad headed back for home Saturday afternoon. We ate, went to church, and met Ryan and Martha back at our house. THEN, we took the family (again, Charlie and Lucy) for a late evening walk to Starbucks. There's nothing like walking late on a warm spring night with friends so dear you don't ever want them to leave. I wanted our walk to last forever. When we got home, we sat on the deck for a very long time and enjoyed the beautiful night next to the neighbors babbling waterfall. :)

Finally, (thanks to those of you who are still reading....devoted friends of mine) Martha and I went for a nice little Mother's Day run this morning while the boys plus Chris and Cade slaved over an incredible mother's day brunch. We came home, showered and had a wonderful time with great friends- celebrating our families.

I've got lots of photos- enjoy! And Happy Mother's Day!!!

The main feature: Nate’s AMAZING pancakes!

Sweet little Cade enjoying his strawberriesThe mamas! Love these girls!

My man and our girl. I LOVE my family.

IMG_7218

 

OK, seriously…..how cute is she?!

IMG_7228

 

Followed closely by our good buddy, Cade. What a gem!

IMG_7248

 

And don’t forget our loyal dog, Charlie.IMG_7204

Martha and I- besties.(I know these next few pictures are terribly washed out, but I don't know how to fix them and Nate isn't home. Deal.)

IMG_7257

These are the kind of friends we are. (Just kind of weird).

Our first celebratory Mother’s Day! IMG_7264

Great friends of ours, Chris & Molly
IMG_7271

No comments:

Post a Comment