Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One Year Ago...

A year ago today we went to Omaha for one of the most difficult doctors appointment of our lives. Little Oliver's heart stopped beating one year ago today. :(

In my MUMS group yesterday, our speaker talked about our prayers that are answered with a "no".....things that we are so sure are the right thing for our lives, people we are certain we should marry, babies we are certain we should raise, jobs we are most definitely supposed to have.....and God can see this great big picture and know which things are a good idea and which things....well, things for which He has much better ideas.

Last year God had a better idea than what we had planned. I wouldn't be sitting here with this grunting little Lucy in the Baby Bjorn if God hadn't had better plans. I'm not saying I love that his answer was "no" to our little Oliver. And maybe it wasn't so much as a "no" as a "not yet". Someday we'll get to hang out with him. And for now, I'll love this little Lucy who wouldn't be here if Oliver were. Too bad we coulnd't have both. :) Some day.

Today we remember our dreams for him and the way God pulled us through a really hard season. Our first little babe won't ever be forgotten....and one day I'll wrap my arms around my little Oliver, whom I dind't get to meet this side of Heaven. Until then, we remember him with happy, hopeful hearts.

1 comment:

  1. Remembering with you. I am in awe at your beautiful words. God is using Oliver everyday! In more ways then you can ever know. ((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete