Thursday, June 5, 2008

to reawaken

It's been too long since I've written. Really written. Some of you know that writing is one of my favorite things in the world. I love the feel of words, the way they seem to crawl out of my head and place themselves on paper (or computer) when I give them the chance. Often, and sadly, I do not allow this opportunity. I can be witty and whimsical with daily blogs, but it's rare that I really sit down to watch the world; to live in it; to listen and smell and really see things.

So. I will attempt to slow down a bit more. I will try to get out and go somewhere just to be. Once I get into the groove, I'm really good at relaxing and making time for these things that are so good for my heart. I think working in a coffee shop has caused me.....or rather, I have let working in a coffee shop affect me in a way that doesn't have to be. By the end of a shift, I'm ready to get out; to get away from the atmosphere and be someplace else. But I'll just have to venture to different places- new coffee shops that I haven't discovered yet- or old coffee shops that I spent so much time in studying in college. I think I've felt a loyalty to my store- but that's silly. I can go other places. After all, there is that snow monkey plum iced tea just waiting for me at the coho. Martha, I will think of you every time I go.

And as for writing- whether it be in my journal or here on my blog, I'll do better. I'll write again. I'll slow down, and I'll really listen.

2 comments:

  1. me too. i need to write more. i went to the beach today and attempted to write in my journal. but the words just wouldn't come. heather, you are a great writer. and i would read your words any day. write for your heart and mine.

    i love you. p.s. i met meg. she's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post, I'm so excited to read what you have to say my dear.

    P.S. I met Lindsey, she's great.

    ReplyDelete