Friday, June 20, 2008

Rita in Daisy Dukes

We bought a table!!! It's beautiful. We went shopping last night with Nate's family after Emily's birthday dinner....and found a great deal on a table very similar to what we had in our minds. It's tall, dark, and handsome....and in order to see it, you will have to invite yourselves over for dinner- after September 13th. We'd be happy to oblige!

In other news, we're 6 addresses away from completing our guest list. Getting addresses is a LOT of work! Eeeesh!

I had a purpose to this post. I really did. I can't remember what my big news was going to be... so I guess I'll have to stop by later for an update. Have a great weekend!

OOH! I just remembered. It's a fantastic recipe for pasta....easy and as follows:

2 lbs. tomatoes- chop and remove innards
4 cloves garlic minced (you could do less)
1/8 (or so) cup olive oil
salt and pepper
1/2 cup fresh basil chopped.

Combine all and let the juices marry for a couple of hours. I let mine sit all afternoon.
Make a box of pasta- I used spirals, but anything works. Prepare pasta as directed and toss in the tomato mix when you're ready to eat.

I also made a chicken breast that I chopped up and threw in for some protein. I seared that in olive oil and garlic, and then used some white wine to simmer it in until we were ready to eat. Chicken was tender and juicy and perfect.

This recipe also works best when you accidentally use your fiance's roommate's wine and drink it, thinking it's yours.

3 comments:

  1. Love the recipe, love the post title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so is this a hot dish? Do you roast the garlic before mixing it with the other marinated veggies? This looks DELISH!

    How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. so strange that you would mention to discard the innards of the tomato. Joe and Suz over for supper tonight, Ry grillin...we made your guac...suz was askin if we 'how' we put the tomatoes in it- if I scooped out all the seeds. Joe says...'why would anyone do that?' Very strange cause I was thinking the same thing. Who knew. haha

    ReplyDelete