Friday, January 11, 2008

offically a barista

Today is good. I worked this morning- passed my "barista test" with some not-so-flying colors. I didn't do too bad, but I had to laugh when Brook asked me about my answer to this question: Why do we use Colombian beans for our flavored coffees? My answer: because they are the best. What a lame answer! I wrote that and meant to go back to add more- but completely forgot. Whoops....ah well. So now I'm official. :)

My great friend, Lindsey, came over today for lunch and coffee and hours of catching up from the past six months. She spent her time in Peru and learned so many new things! Sometime, check our her blog- definitely worth your time.

I'm off to the library- one of my favorite places. I have a list of titles to look at- and a travel mug full of coffee. I plan to spend quite a lot of time there. I've been reading through the book of Numbers for Bible study, and I'm reading "Louder than Words: The Power of Uncompromised Living" by Andy Stanley, but I always like to have a good fiction book to read as well- you know, something a little lighter. So that's what I'm on a quest for today- something light and comfy.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friends. Grab a mug, some coffee or tea- (or whatever you want to drink) and find yourself taking time to rest and rejuvinate. It's important- and I'll always encourage it. Take time for YOU this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment