Thursday, January 24, 2008

I'll Meet You by the Mill

I haven't been great at posting. In fact, I haven't even been GOOD at posting since I've come back from Milwaukee. I'm not sure what my excuse is. It certainly isn't a valid one.

I've been brewing coffee in the evenings and am really enjoying the growing comfort in my part-time job. I'm starting to build relationships with regulars and am becoming more confident in "my place" at Scooters, which inevitably causes me to be more confident in striking up conversations. I enjoy the people I work with and am very thankful to have had this job in my transitioning stage from college to teacher.

Speaking of which, I stopped down at the LPS booth at the Job Fair yesterday afternoon. It was an encouraging stop and I was informed that there will be MANY new positions opening up for the 2008-2009 school year with new schools in the area. I checked once again on my status with LPS and they're waiting for my fingerprints to clear- I had to do them because I moved to WI for a short bit. Other than that, everything is set to go. It's a bit frustrating because I sent the fingerprint cards in in OCTOBER and they're still not done.... but the woman on the phone was very helpful and said that by the end of next week, we should be good to go.

I know many of you faithfully pray for me and the process- and I am very thankful for that. For now, we just wait patiently and continue praying for an opening for me in the school system- hopefully soon! Nate's mom nailed it one day when she said (more or less), "Heather, these other jobs have been a great blessing for you, but that's not where your heart is. You are made to be a teacher- that is where your heart is and that's where you belong." Reminders like this are great to hear- gives me the little extra push I need to continue calling and stopping and checking on my file.

I'd better get moving. Have a great Thursday, everyone- and I'll try to start posting on a more regular basis..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment