Tuesday, January 29, 2008

i'd like to change the world. instead, i sleep.

Anytime there is anything to think about, I have trouble sleeping. Tomorrow is my 24th birthday. I'm having dinner with Nate and a couple of friends. I'm meeting my brother for lunch. I'm curious about who I will see, what I will do......and the package that is to be delivered since I missed the FedEx man today. I'm wondering if it will snow, what I will wear, and if I'll get a call from LPS about teaching. I'm planning out my trip home on Friday to see my parents. I'm thinking about medium-sized dogs, I'm considering options for activities when my best friend comes to visit on Thursday. I wonder how packing the crate went today for Chris, Brian and Jamie. I'm wondering if I'll run out of water in my bedside mug.

It's funny how our minds race at seemingly inconvenient moments....maybe funny is the wrong word.

In any case, I am looking forward to tomorrow (or today). I always love my birthday....family traditions have led me to celebrate quite heartily. When I was young, I'd get breakfast in bed and everyone (mom, dad and james) would come in to wish me a happy birthday before I went to school. I'm sure mom made sure we had snacks to take to school to share with everyone. We celebrated that evening with my grandparents and I almost always had a DQ ice-cream cake... The thing that meant the most was being with people I love...and this week, I know this will happen. So, now starts my birthday week..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment