Thursday, June 14, 2007

A visit from a furry friend

Today I asked Maddie if she wanted her friend, Izzy, to come over and play this afternoon. She said yes- in that secret dog sort of way. So, I called over to the neighbors three houses down and asked if Izzy could come over to play. I met Julie on the sidewalk and Izzy was pulling so hard to get down here that she was crying- in a great "i can't wait to get there" sort of way. She's a black lab- only a couple of years old- very good dog. She and Maddie are having a great time running and exploring together- they even drink water at the same time. Talk about BFF!
In the meantime, i've been going through the garden, checking on everything. It isn't much, but I found some peas and cherry tomatoes that were ready for pickin'. I ate them and shared a few with the neighbor man, Doug, who is out tearing up landscaping stuff- building a new brick walkway.
I love this neighborhood stuff....walking around visiting with everyone, sharing produce, helping pull 2x4's out of the lawn. This makes me excited about one day having a house of my own to take care of and neighbors to love. :)

I went for lunch with a great friend from kindergarten. Mason's just bought a house and has his first job as a high school teacher. It was so fun to catch up.

I also stopped by Lori's house to return a movie. Crystal and the crew's dear mom is such a blessing. She has a moped that she bought to toot around town in and I took it for a spin this afternoon- one of my highlights from this week, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment