Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Muffin Tops

This morning a good friend of mine and my mother's came over for coffee. I whipped up some blueberry muffins- with HUGE muffin tops. :) Until today, and for the past year or so, the term "muffin top" has come to be a kinder term for "love handles". Little muffin tops that spill over the tops of pants......but today, I was reminded of what the origin of the term- and they tasted mighty fine.

I present to you, the muffin tops (and the muffin bottoms):
Coffee with Kristin was a great blessing- she's a lot of fun. This afternoon she's hosting Bible study at her house for a very small group of women from our church. (maybe 5 or 6 ladies) I'm my mom's stand-in today, as she's still on vacation with my dad and can't make it.

I still haven't found out who left the chair for me. I'm beginning to think that the poor old thing was just weathered and gave out one fateful afternoon. Good thing it was me and not one of my parents. They're not slowing down yet, but my youthful body was probably the best candidate to take the beating on the cement. Came out of it without a scratch. :)

I also mowed the lawn today- something I haven't done in years. Literally. Years. One of our neighbor men was out (not the mean ol' George), and he probably laughed his way through the late morning watching me try to maneuver that mower around all the landscaping and sloping tree roots. Another fun thing I was able to to prior to mowing was pick up Maddie's land mines. Taking care of a house is a lot of work. Watering all the plants, watching the garden, picking up dead birds found in the yard......my goodness! It's a lot of work, but also a lot of fun.

I need to finish getting ready for Bible study. You can count on more posts later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment