Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Living is easy with your eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.

I've got a few days off this week....and I'm going to try to pack a lot of my things from my apartment. Right now, it's a disaster. You know, that mess that inevitably happens before things can be organized again- especially when moving and clearing out old stuff.

I'm sad to close the boxes on this season- the room I've had here has been such a sweet haven for me; a place to love, sit quietly, cry, laugh, rest.......Martha lived here with me until she married Ryan, Amber's shared my bed with me when people visited and stayed in her room, Sarah's slept here when she was sad or afraid.....and Melissa's even snuck in a few times to say hello.......it's been a great place of safety for all of us, and I'm sad to leave. I also look down from my 3rd floor window across the street to my dear friend, Leslie's house. I watch as her mailman delivers packages and as she and her roommates come to and from their busy days. I've watched these trees shift from green to rust and mustard, to bare cold and back again into flourishing, strong posts waving silently in the cool breeze. I've loved my time here.

Leslie and I went on a great walk today....it's so good to catch up with old friends. And I have dinner scheduled with my big brother- and time with my dear Megan early this afternoon. These days off are such a blessing.

And for now, I'll watch Spiderman 2- so that I can go with Nathan to see the 3rd, something for which I am most excited to see- simply because it means time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment