Thursday, May 31, 2007

eight feet deep and the rain still comin' down

I'm really enjoying my new temporary "home". This is me....today, sitting on the deck. Note the bike path and stream running alongside......it's really beautiful out here. Also, I know I may look a bit psychotic here......but this is typical, for those of you who don't already know. In addition, I set my laptop on the deck railing and hung from the outside to take this photo, which explains the ridiculous looking neck and facial expression. Very nice.
This was in a series of photos where on my laptop- in photo booth, I have about 3 seconds to position myself for the photo. I'm sure if any neighbors saw, I put on a pretty good show pushing the button on the deck and sprinting over to the fence to get ready.
For a while, I was trying to make it to that back corner of the fence- which proved to be exhausting after the 7th and 8th photos......also, I turned out as a sort of blur as I ran to make it. Here's one of my mid jump, making my way to the corner. In addition, we have a dog, Cameron, who uses this backyard......so you can imagine the task of navigating through landmines, while trying to make the 3-second photo....while jumping! Man...I'm TALENTED!
Here you can see a pot of marigolds that I planted over the weekend. The package said it would take 8 weeks for them to come up. I think they lied. I'll keep you updated on the progress- they're cute little things, aren't they?!
Here's a "birds-eye-view".......
It's important to note that my camera is broken, so I'm taking photos with my computer. I am getting pretty great at tipping it "just right" to get the desired angle. :) My goodness....the things I go through to keep ya'll updated.

I'm home alone this afternoon. I've been working the past few days or running errands with Megan, so it's fun to have extra time to do things like this.

I just noticed that the neighbors two houses over have an outdoor pool.....it may be in my best interest to mingle through the neighborhood and make acquaintances with them. :) After all, Nate and I ARE having a who-can-be-tanner competition this summer. I've got the advantage with my native American blood and olive skin-tone....(really I'm like 1/94th native American, but I still like to claim it).....but he's better about getting outside to do yard work on the weekends or evenings. So far, I think he's winning. However, it's pretty warm outside today- very sunny....and I've got 3 hours, a cute suit, fudge cycles in the freezer, and a cool breeze. This may be the day that I take the lead......

One more thing. Nate took me shopping last night and bought me a new, VERY cute dress. I'm so excited about it. It was the first one I tried on.....which NEVER happens....but it just screamed HEATHER!!!! and I felt beautiful in it. It's great with or without jeans- which happens to be my favorite way to wear dresses....with or without jeans. :)

I'm off for some journaling and QT.......what a perfect day. Hope everyone is well. Be blessed, my dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment