Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010

Welcome 2010! I'm looking forward to the new year- I have a feeling it's going to be a great one. :)

I generally welcome a new year with much anticipation and hope. I look forward to new goals, challenges, and find little pings of joy thinking about what might happen in the upcoming months.

Today I've had a song playing in my head over and over. Two, actually. The first is this:

The other is the song, "Be still my soul". I'm finding the lyrics especially intriguing today. Read at least the first verse- and the rest if you have time.

1. Be still, my soul: the Lord is on your side.
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain;
leave to your God to order and provide;
in every change God faithful will remain.
Be still, my soul: your best, your heavenly friend
through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

2. Be still, my soul: your God will undertake
to guide the future, as in ages past.
Your hope, your confidence let nothing shake;
all now mysterious shall be bright at last.
Be still, my soul: the waves and winds still know
the Christ who ruled them while he dwelt below.

3. Be still, my soul: the hour is hastening on
when we shall be forever with the Lord,
when disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
sorrow for forgot, love's purest joys restored.
Be still, my soul: when change and tears are past,
all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.


And as long as I'm sharing music, here's another one of my favorites right now:


I don't like the cliche "New Years Resolution" deal. And I suppose "setting goals" is no different- but I do like to set some goals for a new year.

This year, I'd like to spend more time in the word; more time in quiet; more time being still- and consequently, more time journaling.

I'd like to get back into running- my heart needs it and I like feeling strong and healthy.

I would like to continue cooking lots of new foods- Nate and I really enjoy cooking and we've got mad skills in the kitchen- if I do say so. I'm crediting this ability to my mother, who is the cook of all cooks, in my opinion. Plus, we find great satisfaction in creating healthy alternatives to run-of-the-mill recipes. So...if you're hungry and in the area- come over to eat!

OK, must go. Hopefully you'll hear more from me this year!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, now I understand the aversion to "resolutions" and your amendment to my topic to be "goals" :)

    These are fantastic; thanks for the second song post; I LOVE that song now! I honestly can. not. wait. to spend 2010 closer to someone as incredibly special as you are, Heather. Expect mail soon.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete