Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday

This is me avoiding grading any of the papers I brought home from school today.

Last night I made this meatloaf and this Curried Squash soup- which don't go together in any sense....but they were both good in and of themselves. Around 9:00 I decided I wanted to make these Carrot Cupcakes. YUM! I'm not kidding- they were the bomb-diggitty. The squash soup tasted like India and I've made the meatloaf before. Because of the turkey, it's got a different flavor than you're used to- and the "sauce" isn't loaded with ketchup and brown sugar like everyone's mom makes (which is super-yummy). But, it's a good alternative.

School was good today. It brings great joy to see my little peanuts waiting for me before school in the hallways every morning. I really do love my job. I could do without standards and benchmarks, or at least the pressure of them.....but I suppose if I were to simply hang out with children all day I would be in the day-care business- which I absolutely WILL NEVER do. Kudos to those of you who take care of our little sweetie pies while mom and dad are at work- but I wouldn't know what to do with them all day.

All this to say, I enjoy my job. :)

And with that, I must correct papers.

And I leave you with another great song: "Let the Waters Rise" by Mikeschair

No comments:

Post a Comment