Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Happy Holidays!

This year we're snowed into our first home. I suppose that's not all bad- although there is something about mom's food, the ambiance of "home" with grandparents, siblings, relatives, mom and dad.....I wish we were there.

The weather is downright crummy for driving. Winds, ice, snow....it's just not good. So we're staying put. Nate and I bought "Rummikub" and "Yahtzee" for our holiday at home. This is Charlie's first Christmas, so we'll celebrate with more dog gifts than he'll ever care about. My brother might brave the roads to come across town tonight or tomorrow. My cousin Clint and his family, and Emily & Brian are also really close, so they might come too. We'll just have a "kids Christmas" here since we can't be home with mom and dad.

I haven't blogged for quite some time. Things have been going fine. Busy, as usual. Today I'm drinking lots of coffee and reading "Bel Canto" by Ann Patchett. So far, so good.

And, as my brother says, "There's a storm 'a brewin'".
Games, food and family tonight. Should be pretty great considering the circumstances.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you, too! We got a SWEET gift in the mail today...so cute! Thank you!!! Enjoy the snow, it makes Christmas extra fun...its better to be snowed in than to just be far away.

    ReplyDelete