Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Tuesday?

Is it Tuesday? No..maybe it's Wednesday. Good grief. I seriously don't know.

Summer is quickly coming to an end....I go back to school in 2 weeks! I'm actually very excited to be back in a routine with my teacher friends and all the little people I love so much (students). I do NOT look forward to leaving poor Charlie at home for hours while we're at work. Nate does get lunch breaks and always comes home to eat, so he'll be able to let the pup out. But then back to the kennel until I come home. I've heard that dogs actually like their kennels because they feel safe and secure. He's a dog, he'll be fine, right? That's just until we can trust him enough to leave him out in the house while we're gone.

Anyway, my classroom is taking shape. I spent several hours there yesterday getting things ready, hanging posters and the alphabet, etc. I should go back in the next couple of days to keep hammering away...

Yesterday I made some pickles. Mom bought the cutest little cucumbers at the farmers' market on Saturday and forgot them in Lincoln. So I made them instead. I hope they turn out OK....

And I've been trying to finish the movie Mama Mia for 3 days now. I'm not an appreciator of musicals unless they're live on Broadway or the VHS of Annie, which I watched over and over and over as a small child. Dirty Dancing? Forget it. Footloose? Never gave it a chance. That movie Melissa H. loves....about the family and they sing and dance through the whole thing....what is it? SOUND OF MUSIC! I don't think I've ever gotten through the whole thing. I just don't like them. Mama Mia...I have to find out who her real dad is, so I'm making myself finish. :)

5 comments:

  1. You can't imagine, I got the NICEST note in the mail yesterday!

    It was crammed full with love, and kindred spirit(age), and warm and fuzzies. Loved the card itself too!

    Thank you so much, Heather. You are so good at loving. Let's catch up soon after my guests leave (Second week of August? You'll have probably started school by then! Happy preparation for school!!!)

    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dirty Dancing and Footloose are not musicals! They just have amazing soundtracks!!

    Mama, why is the river so angry?

    Don't rightly know chile, don't rightly know.

    Have you ever watched the deleted scenes from Waiting for Guffman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm not really good at it but it's fun! I actually read yours alot. It's entertaining. I love your kids' quotes and I like keeping up with what you are up too. I just think you are the nicest girl and I learned alot from you in our bible study. More than you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. back to school already!? I for one am ready for new and exciting stories about your adventures in school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mama Mia was a disaster -- most musicals aren't amazing like The Sound of Music. But I grew up on TSOM like you grew up on Annie, so perhaps that is the reasoning behind it all. But footloose and dirty dancing?? Girlll - those were just bad 80's films. :( Especially Dirty Dancing. HAHA -- I'm a sucker for the CLASSICS!!

    Enjoy your last couple of weeks of summer break! I'll be keeping you posted, but I should be swinging through Lincoln sometime in late September to meet my new niece or nephew up in Sioux Falls -- I would LOVE, LOVE to meet up with you for a bit!

    ReplyDelete