Friday, July 10, 2009

Fresh from the farm

Yesterday I made raspberry lemonade with some raspberries we picked from the farm. Did I tell you about that? We picked all kinds of stuff- zucchini, apricots, beans, peas, raspberries, and I already have more strawberries than I know what to do with in my freezer. It was AWESOME! Thanks mama and papa Eigsti!

I wasn't sure what to do with the raspberries and there weren't really enough to freeze for a batch of something later. I saw a crazy idea in the newspaper for raspberry lemonade and gave it a whirl. It turned out pretty good- and you can see in the picture how delighted (or scary) I look to be drinking it!

I've got a skype date with my girl, Martha, in Michigan in a couple of minutes. Woo hoo!!!

I found out this morning that I get to move classrooms. I was crammed into a tiny little room for next year that is actually supposed to be used for reading recovery or some other small specialized classes. But since our numbers are so big, they're putting a 1st grade class in there. Well, one of the other teachers moved up to 4th grade, so now I get to have her full-sized classroom in the 1st grade pod. It's kind of confusing, but it's a good thing. I went in this morning and moved all my stuff to a corner in the new room. The old teacher isn't completely out yet, so I'm going to wait until she's ready for me to set up shop.

Next week Nate's mom and I are driving to Tulsa for a couple of days. He's going to be traveling for work and we have relatives there. I've never been to Tulsa, so it'll be a fun little getaway. We're only going for 3 days, so it'll be nice and short. Charlie is going to go visit Grandma and Grandpa Mullen up north. He LOVES them and I have a feeling he's going to have so much fun he won't even know we're not there!

Must go- Martha will be calling soon. Oh, and you can thank my awesome man for jazzing up my blog page. He's the best!

1 comment:

  1. sigh. I wish I could hang out with you for a month straight. Then you can teach me all your tricks. and I could meet Charlie. ras lemonade= my fav....sigh

    ReplyDelete