Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The last couple of weeks

A lot has happened since I posted last! Here's a quick rundown!

We had a Murder Mystery Dinner with a 50's theme on Friday night. Here we are in our costumes- thanks Molly for the awesome glasses! Uhhh....CANDY cigarettes, for your information. They just completed the gettup!

Nate was in Oklahoma for work last week so his mom and I drove down to visit her sister and niece in Tulsa. We spent a couple of days there shopping and doing girl stuff. :) We ate at a really cute restaurant called "Nibbles". Here we are: Judy, Linda, Molly, and me

When I dropped Charlie off at my parents' house, I found this beautiful flower in their yard. It's got some crazy name that I can't remember. Mom knows what it is. Starts with an M I think.....


Here I am with both dogs- Maddie from Norfolk and Charlie. It was HARD trying to get them both to look at the camera and sit. This was a failed attempt. :)


Speaking of failed attempts, for those of you who think everything I cook turns out, here's some proof that it doesn't always end up pretty. I tried a "Parmesan baked zucchini" recipe. They were supposed to be like zucchini chips.....but they got a little too toasty. I cut them too thin. Our house had a cloud of smoke for hours- and I even set the alarms off. AND I burned my beautiful baking sheets. Nice. :) Nate was a trooper though and still tried them. We both decided that they weren't my best dish. Oh well. Live and learn and continue to be a culinary adventurer!!

For those of you who have seen our basement half bath, the angel wallpaper is coming down TODAY! We've got paint and laminate wood floor we're going to try to figure out. I'll have before and after pictures for sure! TTYL!

Oh, and check out Charlie's blog. He did some posting today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment