Thursday, July 9, 2009

Coooookin' up a storm!

One of the many things I love about Nate is his adventurous spirit in the kitchen. He LOVES to try new foods, and I LOVE to cook them! We had some leftover steak from the 4th of July celebration at Mike's house- so we cut up some fresh onion and peppers and made some yummy fajitas. I had to take a picture because of all the fantastic colors. It was beautiful!


We also brought in a load of parsley to freeze ( I don't know what to do with it yet).
 

And some beautiful basil from the garden that turned into peso for dinner a couple of days ago. It was pretty good- pretty basil-y though. :) All it had was olive oil, garlic, basil and lemon juice. I've had some before that were more of a creamed basil...and that might be better. Although, not better for your midsection, or your arteries, for that matter. :)
 

Tonight I'm making a lemon butter chicken over bow tie pasta- recipe courtesy of my good friend, Amber, who lives in NYC. I'll let you know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment