Sunday, September 16, 2007

they come and go

On Friday, the office called our room near the end of the day- asking us to send my favorite little guy down to the office "ready to go, with all of his belongings". My heart sank. This wasn't "rat-tail" boy, but the one I sat with after lunch....the one whose life was being ruined by mark.....the one who loved skateboarding and wanted to be just like tony hawk....the one whose family goes to Wal-Mart every Friday night....the one who sat like an angel after i talked to him about respect in the classroom.......the one who I left sticky notes for so he wouldn't forget something on Friday....my favorite little boy.

I know this sounds a little dramatic, but he was my favorite. I wanted to take him to a Brewers game and just Thursday had talked to the principal and school psychologst to see how my cooperating teacher and I could take him on an outing some weekend afternoon. (they said nice idea, but no way).

So anyway, I guess this is a good experience for me. This is the kind of thing that really happens to teachers.... live and learn, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment