Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I'm taking over!

Well....not quite. I've taken over spelling lessons, and I'm starting a creative writing unit on Monday, which I am VERY excited about. I'm going to start them on journals- they can write or draw.....however they want to express themselves for a certain amount of time every day. I also want to start bringing in music for them to listen to during that time- as long as they don't lose the privilege......you know how that goes. They respect me, i respect them....

I confiscated a note being passed last week. What a riot! I walked up to the student who had it at the time, (it was en route to someone across the room) and silently stuck out my hand. It was great......didn't get angry, just took it, which is probably worse for them. This is what the note said:
"I guess I still like you too."

Now, it was traveling from one boy, Tyler, to another, Josef. I'm hoping that they had a tiff on the playground....otherwise we've got more serious issues to deal with. :)

My little boy who was suspended on Friday came back today. It was great to see him. Getting to welcome children back- excited to see them.....loving the "unlovable".....THIS is why I am a teacher. I love these kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment