Sunday, September 2, 2007

and i picture your sweet face

Today was a good day. Yesterday was a good day. But I've been keeping a mental tally and the score for me wanting to stay vs. me wanting to move back in december is as follows: 1:3. (one for staying, three for coming home). I know it's early, but I'm still keeping track.

Rob and Cathy came over with the boys today. We all went to church together- the sermon was about "running the race".....the life of a Christian is like a marathon, not a sprint. It isn't a quick fix....but something we're called to endure and push through even when it gets really tough. It was a good message......

It was wonderful to be surrounded by family all day. And yesterday Ruth and I went to a parade of homes in a couple of suburbs. Wow. Those houses are huge and beautiful. Sometimes it's a little sickening to think about all the money that goes into homes like those and how it could be used in different ways to help people. I guess the Lord gives different blessings to different people....

No comments:

Post a Comment