Monday, March 26, 2007

life's like an hourglass glued to the table

"Let me tell you I am better acquainted with you for a long absence, as men are with themselves for a long affliction; absence does but hold off a friend, to make one seem him the truer"- Alexander Pope

A continuum of medleys
for her
as she drives late
and he's remembering her,
dreaming her into his
world of neglected sleep
and overanalyzed self.
and they intertwine.

This beautiful weather continues to inspire me to do many things. To love more, work harder, be more efficient, make extra time for relaxing and spending time with people who are very important to me....it makes me want to sing more, read more, write more, create amazing things...go for walks, open all the windows as wide as they go, and hang laundry outside.

Today I've set out a jar filled with water and tiny leaves- waiting for that moment of freshly brewed- still warm sun tea...

And as I wait, I sit quiet, very contemplative of my life, my goals, things that are important and things that aren't worth as much worry as I give them. And it seems to me that life often brings us full circle and all of a sudden, I'm standing here wondering how and when things happened, and at what point did I become so oblivious to the world around me? My world around me- the people, places, situations I love- and I had no idea life was continuing; that people grow and learn and change...and come around again. And why do I feel so completely unprepared for this? How am I at the same exact point I was yesterday, the day before, and the day before that...

And yet, I've been growing so much the past couple of months- and I can see it. I can feel it, and I love it....but then every once in a while, something comes up and all of a sudden you find yourself feeling a little lost again.

As I continue to pray and visit with my Father, I seem to be at a point of silence. And so I'll wait. I'll watch as life continues, as people grow and learn and love. And hopefully this time, I'll be able to really see them. To be a part of these changes- these moments that make up life.

I leave today encouraged. Confused. Excited. I'm eager to see the next chapter- and I'm joyful in this season that I find myself in.

You are loved more than you could ever know, more than you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment