Friday, March 30, 2007

Let us not take these things for granted

When I walked into my apartment last night, after the worm episode, two of my roommates were sitting at the kitchen table doing homework- looking at me with a bewilderment and excitement that i hadn't seen in a long time. I stopped dead in my tracks, and looked at them out of the corner of my eyes, thinking, what are they looking at? Turns out, they had been listening to music and heard me OVER all the noise of the apartment....laughing, out in the street.

Incidentally, I received a phone call from my friend and neighbor across the street, Leslie. She was wanting me to clarify- was it real or just a dream? "I heard you laughing in the street- hysterically. Like the laugh you used to do to be loud and crazy- that kind. Was it real?" I probably was blushing from embarrassment, wondering how many other people were awoken at 1:15 this morning to my conniptions in the street. I apologize to everyone for the volume level- but do not take back my actions, as they were completely cleansing to my heart....it was a glorious kind of laugh and I wouldn't return it for the world.

This day is.....beautiful. It's warm, sunny.....and I don't have any plans, except maybe attending a play tonight at the Haymarket theatre. I hope to get some work done- at a leisurely pace this afternoon, so that I don't feel overwhelmed late this week, and may even trick myself into thinking that I enjoy doing homework if it isn't crunch time. If those attempts fail, I do have lots of laundry and "home things" to accomplish, which I thoroughly enjoy- really. So...either way, I'll be here, in my loungy clothes, soaking up suntea and loving this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment