Monday, March 19, 2007

always one foot on the ground

Hello to my long-lost friends....or perhaps I'm the one who's been lost. In any case, I've had a wonderful week of Spring Break visiting family and friends in the Milwaukee and Chicago areas. It was so great to see them....and although things change drastically in our lives, it's nice to realize that we generally have a very special place in our hearts for those people who are so important to us. I'm convinced that it's impossible to ever stop loving certain people. The important thing is to not dwell on past memories and experiences, but to come to a peace about where we are now and know that things always work themselves out.

I've been very encouraged in the past few weeks- and I'm beginning to see a theme running through my life. I'm in a season now where I'm focused on character and integrity. Things keep coming up, people share books, talk about certain character traits, determination, etc..... and it all revolves around character. I'm learning to search for and understand what I want, why I want it and I'm seeing that certain areas of my life need to be developed in a way that is more focused on the good of other people- rather than myself.....it's been interesting, exciting and very encouraging. And I've been seeing examples of both strong and not so strong character and am very thankful for both. This helps me make choices and decide what I want to stand for.
I'm off to study and drink lots of tea.....it's a great tea day.

Here are some photos from the trip......

This was at a "French history museum"......lots of big tanks. It was a walk-through museum with rooms from different wars.....very lifelike...a great "emotional" experience.....(inside joke)
This was St. Patty's Day....(obviously!) People were EVERYWHERE....and EVERYONE was wearing green. Amber and I both had green shirts on that you can't see.....except for my sleeves. :) This cow was on the street...on wheels. Very strange.
Here we are in Millennium Park- taking photos like foreign people....peace sign, waving, and thumbs up......very nice.
I couldn't believe how GREEN the water was.....and all the people. LOTS of fun!





Understand that you are magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment