Thursday, March 22, 2007

i'm protecting my heart truly

Great news! I've been tutoring my little guy now for a good couple of months. When we started, he was at a 1st grade reading level- which is significantly low for Cody, who is a 6th grader. Well, today when I was walking him out to the car, his dad let me know that his resource teacher and his regular teacher had both called that week- very excited because they had reassessed Cody this week and he has improved 2 levels! That's so great- I am SO proud of him....and it's really encouraging to see his improvement.....he's been working really hard, and it's paying off. It's also great to see that all the time I put into lessons and finding new ways to help him with his reading is actually helping.....I left the reading center today, gleaming. Just gleaming.

Marth and I came to Scooters tonight to have coffee and catch up. We ran into a couple of friends and visited with them for a while, and when we finally sat down to chat, her mother-in-law called.....that was over an hour ago- and they're STILL on the phone. Good ol' Suzie. :)

This week was really great. Over spring break, I learned a lot about myself and came back fully rejuvinated and very encouraged...ready to take on the last 5 weeks of my college career. I've got new goals, new perspectives.....love it. LOVE it.

Martha's off the phone. I'd better chat while I have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment