Friday, March 18, 2011

Blog? What's that?

Being a full time mom is AWESOME....and an adjustment! I've loved being home with Lucy, but I expected to have more "time" to get things done around the house. We spend a lot of our hours taking naps and catching up from the short nights. She sleeps A. LOT. I didn't know newborns could sleep up to 20 hours a day. Jeesh! You'd think I'd get all sorts of things done while she's sleeping. But really, she's so snuggly and sweet that I spend a lot of time holding her while she's napping. I sadly have the food network shows down to the half hour- I can tell you who is on when and I always catch at least a part of Oprah and/or Ellen- as they're on at the same time. :)

Today I've broken out the MOBY wrap that our great friend, Mike, gave us. It. is. a. miracle. !!!! I have both hands free to do laundry, BLOG (!), fold blankets and rearrange pillows from our lounging, empty the dishwasher, etc. She wasn't big enough to use the last couple of weeks, but I'm pretty sure she weighs enough now for it to be "safe". She's loving time close to mom and I'm loving the mobility.

I've also been trying to get a lot of sewing done when she's napping (and I've put her down in her crib). There have been quite a few orders coming in for burp rags, gift sets, etc., which makes me SO happy. I love sewing and it's fun that I'm finding time now to do it. It's just a matter of organizing my time better- and I think I'm getting it (kind of) figured out. :)

Here are a few pictures from the past week:

2 comments:

  1. I love Lucy in the Moby! She looks so cuddly and perfectly content. She also looks very cozy all snuggled up with grandma :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful moby! She looks so cute & cozy in there!

    ReplyDelete