Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day

Tomorrow is the day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service. Tomorrow is also a day to remember the people we love who have passed away. Generally, you take flowers to the grave of your loved person. We can't do that because the memorial service for all the babies this year isn't until October. But I'll still buy flowers. And I'll still think of Oliver.

This weekend, I'm bringing flowers home for him. Usually they're for me. This time, they're strictly for Oliver. They'll sit on top of the piano- one of my favorite places in our home. And I'll think of our son every time I see them. When I was pregnant, I used to play the piano and dream of the day Oliver's ears could hear the beautiful hymns and songs. I'd dream of telling him about Jesus and that he had a God who loved him even more than his parents do. I dreamed of teaching him the words to old hymns and letting him pound on the keys while I played along.

He's already doing those things now- and Heaven's hymns, I'm sure, are far more beautiful than any music I could have taught him here.

"Oh what peace the Spirit of Jesus brings
through the trials He will carry me
One day, in Heaven, our eyes will meet
Filled with wonder, all the saints will sing

Hallelujah! What a savior!
I owe everything to Him
Hallelujah what a savior
Hallelujah to my King "

We love you, little Oliver. Happy Memorial day!

No comments:

Post a Comment