Friday, May 14, 2010

Be Still My Soul

The past couple of days have been really hard. I'm not sure if I'm more sensitive right now and I'm noticing everything painful or what.....but it's been tough.

I thought I was getting better and that I was able to handle the entire situation more gracefully than before. But with Mother's Day, a great friend having her 10-week ultrasound, parents of students having babies or announcing a new pregnancy, friends posting due dates on facebook, or the child waving a long run of ultrasound pictures out his mom's car window as they drove away from school today.....I'm finding myself broken and sad. Just sad.

I'm not saying this to make you feel sorry for me or to boo-hoo all over myself. But this is me. This is real and this is me today. This is me yesterday. And I pray to God that this isn't me tomorrow.

I think, my dear friends, that this is grief.

I miss my tiny baby boy.

1 comment:

  1. i miss him too. wish I was there to give you a squeeze. maybe we should skype soon. ok good. i'll call you

    ReplyDelete