Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

Tomorrow is my first Mother's Day. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm a mother to Charlie, a dog with whom I'm absolutely in love, and more importantly, a little perfect Oliver who lives in Heaven.

Today I've struggled to keep myself together. Tomorrow we're headed up to see my parents and spend the day with them. I'm so thankful to spend the day with my mom- there's no one else like her when I'm feeling scared and confused and trying to push the lumps back down from my throat.

I'm feeling much stronger lately. I'm not sure if I actually am stronger or if God's answering the flood of prayers for us and providing a peace that I can't understand. A part of me wants to sort it all out. Another part of me wants to throw my hands in the air and say "who cares what goes where- I feel better, we'll get through this, and I AM a mother and I'm celebrating that". Today I choose the latter.

Happy mother's day, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your day was great with your mom. Wish I was there too. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really random, but I popped over to your blog from your comment on Molly Piper's blog...I just wanted to let you know that I prayed for you tonight, and that I'm so very sorry for your loss. I miscarried my first baby at about 10 weeks in November 2007. Oh, it's so hard, and I am so sorry. I'm praying for peace and comfort that only our Father can give.

    ReplyDelete